Your password has been changed successfully!
Welcome to ShareTXT
ShareTXT is a web application built on the node js framework. ShareTXT enables you to share text
and/or emojis between your devices in real time. It enables you to share any long block of text such as
long urls, meeting links, or code.
How it works
transfer data between browser windows when they connect to the same route.
- When you first visit a link in the browser such as https://sharetxt.live or
https://sharetxt.live/default, your browser sends a connection request
to the server
- The server acknowledges your request and adds you to that route
- Note that by visiting https://sharetxt.live, you are automatically redirected
to the "default" route. You can visit any other route by clicking on the route
name on the screen. For example where you see "X clients connected in default",
if you click on default, a popup dialog will appear. This will give you the ability
to visit a new route.
- After the server acknowledges your request and adds you to the route, it sends back
the total number number of clients connected to that route.
- The total number of connected clients is displayed on the screen, so that you can see
how many devices are connected and will be able to receive the text you enter into the field.
- The moment you paste your text into the text field, or start typing, your text will be encrypted
and shared via the websocket to the connected devices. Only devices connected to that route will be
able to receive your data.
- At the receipient's end, the text will be decrypted and displayed in the text field.
- If your claimed a link, when you copy your text from your account, it will be saved to your history so that you
can access it at a later time from any device you own. Simply login to your route on shareTXT and click on history.
Here are some tips
- You can visit any route you like to share your private information by clicking on the name of the route displayed on the screen
- You can toggle between light and dark mode at the top right of the application
- You can choose your preferred language at the the top right of the application
- Some routes cannot be accessed because they have already been claimed. To claim a route, enter the route
that you will like to claim, your email and password
- Please note that route names are case sensitive. This means that "default" is different from "DEFAULT".
This gives everyone an opportunity to claim the link that they love without disenfranchising others.
2.1.1(2021-11-14): Improved the UI and added instructions on how to use ShareTXT on the homepage
2.1.0(2021-10-20): Added Gmail signup and updated the UI interface
2.0.0(2021-5-20): Added SSL certificates for sharetxt.live
1.5.2(2021-7-29): Fixed the input field from displaying a an undefined placeholder
1.5.1(2021-7-23): Updated to provide automatic localized language selection using ip address
1.5.0(2021-7-23): Updated the night mode implementation and added localization support for Chinese, Malay, Spanish, German, and Hindi
1.4.3(2021-6-2): Updated the analytics provider to use page insight analytics
1.4.2(2021-5-26): Made the "copy to clipboard" button responsive
1.4.1(2021-4-24): Created the dialog on clicking the route to redirect to a new route from the current route
1.4.0(2021-4-23): New UI, Night mode, replaced text input with text area
1.3.0(2021-2-14): Added encryption to the message sent through to the devices connected through the websocket connection
1.2.3(2021-2-14): Replaced font awesome copy icon with png
1.2.2(2021-2-12): Created the documentation
1.2.1(2021-2-12): Fixed a bug with automatic connection termination after some period of inactivity
1.2.0(2021-2-11): Added a feature to display the total number of clients connected in a route
1.1.2(2021-2-11): Updated the website icon, social media card and added product hunt logo
1.1.1(2021-2-9): Fixed a bug to notify connected clients of a terminated connection
1.1.0(2021-2-9): Added ejs to create dynamic web pages to support routes
1.0.2(2021-2-8): Removed the send button when a text is entered into the input field enabling text to be sent automatically when data is entered into the input field
1.0.1(2021-2-8): Updated the user interface
1.0.0(2021-2-8): Initial release
We need your support
Hi. We would love to keep ShareTXT FREE and online indefinitely for you. This will not be possible without your
support. Any amount that you can pay to offset the server costs would be greatly appreciated. If you would
like to support ShareTXT please buy us a coffee
so that we can continue to maintain this website for you and keep it online and free indefinitely.
Some useful links